Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

As Easter came, I was so very sad. I was sad about what I was missing - buying you a pretty little Easter dress and doing your hair cute with little bows. As your brothers painted Easter eggs (and, yes, of course they remembered to make a few with your name on them) I thought about how you would be old enough to make a mess with them this year. As they searched for the eggs hidden by that tricky Easter Bunny, again, I thought of you. Whether you would be using a walker or braces to walk or sitting in your wheelchair, your Brothers would have made sure you had fun with them looking everywhere to find those painted eggs. I was sad that you were missing out being with us - having fun with your very special Brothers. But then I realized, you are even luckier - you were spending the day with Jesus, another very special Brother. And it is because of him that we will be able to be with you again some day - and enjoy all of the special moments that we feel we have "missed" here on Earth. Isn't that what Easter is all about?
I love you and am missing you so very much, my little Bai.
Hugs and Kisses from Mommy, Daddy, and your Brothers! Happy Easter!

4 comments:

mundo da oraƧao said...

a vida nos reserva supresa sem a gente nem espera e no momento serto jesus crist entra e nos fortalece por que ele nos amou primeiro ,que jesus esteja com voce e sua familia sempre.

Jenna said...

(((HUGS))) to you. I'm so sorry your daughter is not here with you.

Anonymous said...

Made me cry! But what a a great perspective!

Allison Winningham said...

I just happened upon your blog. Thank you for sharing your story. Your faith and honesty are inspiring.