Friday, March 13, 2009

I Am A Child of God

A few days ago I read the words to a special verse of the song "I Am A Child of God" written just for Families of Children who have left too soon. Coincidently, that very same day, a post appeared on an entry here on Bailey's blog with the very same words. I am posting them here so everyone can easily read them. This is such a powerful song and I cry every time I read the words. It is so true and it just reminds me, once again, to work hard so that our whole family will be together again someday. Our sweet little girl is watching over us and waiting for us.
Thank you for sharing!

I am a child of God and He has called me home.
My earthly journey's through but still, I do not walk alone.
He leads me, guides me, walks beside me, helps me find the way.
He welcomed me with open arms. I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I have gone ahead.
My earthly life was brief but oh, such peace and love you gave.
You loved me, held me, stood beside me and though I cannot stay
You gave me much to help me and I live with Him today.

I am a child of God and I will wait for you.
Celestial glory shall be ours, if you can but endure.
I'll lead you, guide you, walk beside you.
Help you find the way.
I'll welcome you with open arms
One bright Celestial day.

--Donna Kulliard

No comments: