Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First weekly prenatal testing visit

August 20th, 2008 - Today was the first time I went in for our first weekly prenatal stress test. I had had to have stress tests when I was pregnant with Parker so I pretty much knew what to expect. However, when I walked in and they started getting ready to do an ultrasound I was a little confused. This is when they explained to me that they were also going to perform an AFI. I had never had this before but they explained to me that it was basically just a way to check the amount of fluid around the baby in four different sections. After finishing this test they told me that my number was a 24 which was good (I had no clue). They then continued on with the stress testing during which they nicknamed Bailey "Wild Woman" because she kept kicking the monitor and knocking it offline so they couldn't get a consistant 20 minute reading. Eventually they succeeded and reported that this, too, looked perfect. Another visit with good news!

No comments: